Day 1: Mhamid el Reg Arada dunes – the ruins of Sidi Bousnina
After meeting your team and making preparations, you will start on foot with your guides to the ruins of Sidi el Reg Bousnina via Arada. Picnic lunch along the way. We set up camp at night by the ruins of Sidi Bousnina.
Day 2: The ruins of Sidi Bousnina Erg Ezzahar
From the very early morning departure to the dunes of Erg Ezzahar. Lunch on the way, in the afternoon, the caravan moves on to the dunes. Small tea ceremony at sunset while the caravan chef prepares a tasty tagine for dinner. Overnight in a tent, or under the stars.
Day 3: Ezzahar Erg – Erg Smar
Wake up to the sunrise and Nomad breakfast around the embers of the evening camp fire. The caravan continues towards Erg Smar through Ait Ounabgui. Lunch in the desert. Dinner and overnight in tents, or under the stars.
Day 4: Erg Smar – Erg Ait Ounirte
The Camel Trek continues through the desert. Picnic for lunch under a tamarisk tree. Setting up camp for the night while the caravan chef prepares dinner.
Day 5: Erg Ait Ounir – Rass Nkhall
After breakfast, the caravan takes the road back to Mhamid Oasis and palm trees!. Goodbye to your caravan team. You will dine and spend the last night in our camp in the oasis.
– 6 nights / 5 nights
– Our Team / guide, cooker..camels for carrying luggage (tentes, mats, food…)
– Full board and water during the trek
Services not included:
– Sleeping bags – Tips and Your holiday insurrance
Information To take with you
– Equipment: Good walking shoes (not heavy) walking sandals, sleeping bags, sportswear type sweaters and
parkas in winter.
– Nomadic turbans are very useful.
– Provide also: flashlight, Swiss army knife, matches, sun glasses, something to read, hygienic wet wipes, small plastic bags to put your toilet waste.
– Do not forget the usual medicines.
WHEN TO GO? The period for trekking in the desert runs from first October to May.
Easy LEVEL: trekking time between 3-5 hours per day.
FOOD: breakfast, picnic lunch, snacks, hot meal in the evening. TEAM: guide, cooker, camels. TREKKING PROCEDURE: The group travels on foot ; luggage, camping equipment and supplies for the trek are transported by camel. (it is possible do short tour by camel).